Welcome to Military School

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN (US)

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

CMH offers a guaranteed profit sharing program and the facility is impeccable. The salary is competitive for similar positions outside the industry.

Cons

CMH does not have a lot of experience working with professionals. They treat degreed individuals like production workers. The 2 week vacation program leaves much to be desired and the lack of flex time creates a military school atmosphere. Existing management seems insecure and threatened by professional staff.

Advice to Management

You've strengthened the company by hiring a professional staff now listen to them. Treat the staff like professionals and they'll deliver.

reviews filtered by
  1. labor

Former Employee - Laborer in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Laborer in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learner how to put up sheetrock and drywall plus finish mud. And painted dicks wings in Callahan.

Cons

My boss was a mean dude like j lived with him and it got to out off hand so I moved.

Advice to Management

Treat people how u want to be treated.

2. Great Management & Company

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Milton, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Milton, PA (US)

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has a talented management team that quickly adapts to market conditions. Further, and for the most part, the company is cognizant of internal and external dynamics in the market place and has the ability to capitalize on social trends, etc. They believe in their product from top to bottom and the people I worked with there were excellent.

Cons

I had a bad experience with the company, mainly due to personnel and personal issues, but I believe that to be the exception, rather than the norm. Other than that, I can't say this company has any real con's.

Advice to Management

The only advice I could have offered at the time was regarding the specific market segment that we were in, but I believe the company no longer really serves this market segment.