Clayton Homes
www.claytonhomes.com Maryville, TN 5000+ Employees

Home Sales Consultant

Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time

ProsWork hard, learn fast, and are somewhat aggressive...you can make a very good living

ConsMany times things are done on a home sale which are not in your customers interest but put more money in for Clayton and the Sales Center. Encouraging people to take out high interest loans from Vanderbilt. Playing games with home prices much like a car dealer!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your group and get more NEW individuals to run home centers. The risks of going door to door in a trailer park to solicite business and putting up sogns that look like a "for sale by owner", etc. are dated and Clayton offers a nice product! Just sell the homes!!

Run ,Run, Run,

Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a. Job. You will miss many oppurinties to make… Cons: Everything, chase the carrott theory. Never catch it Advice to Senior Management: Look in the Mirror... More

Over qualified for what they want to pay me as a Service Technician

Service Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: steady salary, health insurance, 401k match, life insurance, weekends off and vacation time. Pretty good job security considering they can't find good help for… Cons: salary too low for the skills I have, managers only care about their bonuses… Advice to Senior Management: be willing to pay a little more and you will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Clayton Homes.

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clayton Homes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clayton Homes CEO Kevin T. Clayton. All reviews posted anonymously by Clayton Homes employees.