Citizens Republic Bancorp

www.citizensonline.com

Very Employee Friendly.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Jefferson, WI (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jefferson, WI (US)

Pros

The Training process is second to none! The Trainers are also great ppl! I really love that they really do listen to their employees thoughts. When you do good things they dont go unnoticed!

Cons

They have cut back on raises. And made it more difficult to reach incentives. It is very hard sometimes to reach goals or complete all of your weekly sales stuff when you are only part-time. They limit their full-time employees and hire mainly part-time staff. Which is very sad considering the great things this company can do.

Other reviews for Citizens Republic Bancorp

This company treats its managers with a very condescending tone.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

It is a place to work. That is about the best thing I can say. There are some very good people who work for Citizens but management is a mess.

Cons

They say they want people with sales backgrounds and then have managers with zero sales experience micro-manage the sales process. No CRM program exists so they require a series of Excel wooksheets to do the job. Very in efficient.

Stop making people sit on the floor and speaking to them as if they were 4 years old. Whoever came up with that idea needs to go. It does nothing but make people feel disrespected and breeds resentment. The message is lost because everyone is thinking, "Why are we sitting on the floor?" If you want people to behave professionally treat them professionally.

Citizens, a Challenged Survivor

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Novi, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Novi, MI (US)

Pros

Management has sought to create a vision of a company that it has genuine aspirations to become. It believes in doing the right things from a credit perspective and John Schwab is one of the best credit minds that I've ever worked with. I believe the company will be a survivor of the current credit environment.

Cons

In this environment, communication has been very poor. Staff members disappear without any formal announcement of their departure, informal communication is rampant. We're based in a market that has/will see a deep recession and slow recovery. That side of our work isn't a great deal of fun.

Identify a vision for Citizens that is robust enough to be valid in this environment and will remain so during the eventual recovery. It is difficult to have faith when you're told that a dividend cut is enough to help us weather the storm, then that we must eliminate the dividend to avoid having to raise capital, then to raise capital anyway making "our balance sheet bullet proof", then taking TARP funds to add even more liquidity. While each of these moves may have been necessary and good, it makes it difficult to believe that senior management knows what we need. Create the vision and proactively drive the company toward it, rather than being so reactionary.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Republic Bancorp.

Worked for Citizens Republic Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!