Citi

www.citigroup.com
  www.citigroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Associate with the Corporate & Investment Bank based primarily in New York City at 388 Greenwich

Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started in 1998 the pay was very competitive for investment banking associates. The caliber of professionals working around you are top shelf. Substantial resources at your disposal to perform your job. Highest caliber clients. Truly global universal bank provides geographic flexibility. Substantial institutional knowledge. Outstanding training program for those joining at the entry level. Extremely interesting work.

Cons

During my tenure managers were not good at managing subordinates. Extremely long hours. Working as a banker with Citi as an I banker was a life style decision. Break down of compensation causes employees to assume substantial risk for the year. Its up or out and very competitive. Can be a political mine field to stay at firm.

More transparency to junior leaders from senior management. Better incentivize management in developing junior leaders. Incorporate the principal perspective in dealing with clients.

2776 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ (US)

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Diversity and global presence with numerous opportunities

Cons

Senior leadership changes did not go well

very few Indians and lots and lots of chiefs

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriting in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriting in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Citi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health benefits are above most. Live well at Citi is an excellent program. Child care on premises. Employee cafeteria has a lot of choices for lunch, although quite expensive.

Cons

Lack of direction. Extreme favoritism. Everyone is jockeying for "postion". Management talks down and degrading to employees. Pay is not the best on the street. Left this company for very greener pastures including salary! Turnover is rampant.

I am not sure who the manager of the hour is to give advice. Who is in charge today? No one seems to know!!! Some managers come from another department to try and tell you what to do, when they have no concept of the position or the duties.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi