There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Cisco is one of the best companies to work for as far as work balance life.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Depends on the nature of your job, however from my experience, I've been able to achieve a successful career and still be present for the afterschool and in-class activities, sicknesses and other situations where a typical "in-office" 8-5 job would not allow.

Cons

Tyring to achieve a job change within a different organization within the company can be challenging.

Invest more into the in-house career movement tool

5121 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Internship Experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was a very friendly environment in general and you get to work with their product not on some side project. They also had good programs for interns throughout the summer and kept us very engaged.

Cons

They have a poor retention policy for interns and rarely recall interns from previous years or give them full time offers.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is my first 'real' job out of college - and I can say that the role I was hired into provides the right amount of challenge, as well as the room for growth that anyone could hope for. Working with a team where your opinions/contributions are valued, and expectations set within a reachable limit has helped me grow my own personal career, while pushing the limits of my job description, to the next level.

Cons

Sometimes that speed of work could be a bit slower than I would like - but I think that is due to the company being as large as it is. Lots of 'hurry up and wait' with the amount of collaboration my role utilizes.

Increase the budget for R&D to maintain a competitive stance in the Knowledge Management arena.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems