Cisco Systems
3.5 of 5 4,217 reviews
www.cisco.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

The best place to work ever!

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
Feltham, England (UK)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent salary, benefits and potential to exceed, both financially and personally. Chance to work with some of the brightest, most intelligent people I've ever come across in a 25+ year career. Opportunity, in my particular role, to travel the world and meet/see new people and cultures. Excellent employer in terms of corporate responsibility and "giving back".

ConsRegrettably, some management are still getting hired into positions because of the old boys/girls network and not on their actual merits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to the senior leadership team (director level) and really question what value they are adding and whether they are just figureheads doing nothing whilst the team below them are really the stars of the show. In my experience/opinion Cisco is still "top heavy", especially at a "theater" level.

great place to work for

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros: been working here 14 years! love it Cons: great place to play and work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Happy days

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)
Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at Cisco Systems for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun, fast paced, dynamic, really enjoyed my time with Cisco Cons: Lack of non technical development programs Advice to Senior Management: Recruiting management from within not always the best approach ! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cisco Systems CEO John T. Chambers . All reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees.