There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

One of the best places to work

Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome benefits and opportunities to advance in career. Love the culture to do the right thing for your employees and customers.

Cons

Would like to see more structured programs on career building and moving around within the company. Also, regular raises would be great.

Rate teams instead of individuals if you want better results, sometimes people are competing more than collaborating that hinders in the overall growth of the company.

5121 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

A place you can live your life and enjoy having a family and yet still make a living working.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the fact I can work from home. I like that Cisco wants us to have a family life and not just a working life.

Cons

If your a contractor you are stuck! there's no growth opportunities even though they claim there is.They lose out on a lot of talented internal workers because the company is so big and rather than empowering a contractor that is already here they look for externally talent.

Cisco has some of the best talented people already working for you. Instead of promoting jobs externally look within your own contractors that are already here. It's easier for me to quit and be considered at Cisco than being a contractor trying to get that full time job. Contractors have talent we just aren't given the chance or our bosses aren't given the reqs to hire us.

Working with some of the sharpest, most professional individuals.

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every person I ever came into contact at any department was a top performer, very professional and focused. Company benefits are exemplary and depending on your area of work, you could be doing extremely significant work of great value worldwide.

Cons

It is a fast-paced environment, if you don't like challenges or can work on your best every day, you should re-consider.

I think for certain technical positions it would be very advantageous to rotate them to different technology areas within the company, so they can be exposed to all that Cisco does first hand.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems