There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Excellent internship experience

Former Employee - College Intern in San Jose, CA (US)
Former Employee - College Intern in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company, very knowledgeable peers from top universities, work is good, good compensation and you learn a lot. Flexibility and work/life balance is unmatched. Free movie tickets, tickets to amusement park, free frequent lunches, great gym, free train pass, lot of intern events with free food, pays for your tuition, San Jose a good place to live. College grads like me these days wants to work for more recent brands like Google, facebook, linkedin, twitter but companies like CISCO and others who have been there from decades are great places to start your career.

Cons

Since its a big organization, promotions and increments are not very frequent and can take time. But again, if you are talented and hardworking, you will get promotions and increments for sure.

Give more challenging work and dont let people sit ideal

5181 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Pretty lame place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What pros? Come on, everyone I work with wants to leave. Some are actively looking outside the company. Let me see if I can think of a Pro.......pay...sucks.....management.....sucks, nope no Pros.

Cons

See above. But let me elaborate. Stocks suck. Company does not have a clue or identity any longer. Management in my team seems extremely distracted, even during my 1:1. Clueless is a good word to use. My annual evaluation was just a repeat of everything I used for my goals, nothing of substance, no personal assessment. Just lame. How fast can I get out of here! Help.

Get a new job that you actually care about. Your lack of caring, concern and ethics is very transparent!

Excessive Cronynism - Too Many Politics

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Telecommuting, training and educational opportunities, benefits

Cons

Excessive management, horrible stack rating - meaning you don't get raises or promotions unless you are someone's favorite in upper management, excessive work hours and work load, praise on how well you play the system instead of how good your work is. Politics in this company get worse with each layer of management. No one wants to hear that something won't work even when it won't, they just want to hear you say yes as they take credit for your work. Too many contract workers that have worked in the same position for 5+ years. Positions are made for friends without posting requisitions. It's not what you know, but who you know.

Stop the cronyism. Allow review of managers by staff. Change the raise and promotion system, you should not go seven years without a pay increase. I am sure all the executives are not missing out on yearly increases.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems