Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Cisco has out sourced it's culture and now we're out sourcing our common sense and good judgement

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLarge company, still recognized as good branding on your resume. Work life balance is ok.
Pay is ok, but not competitive with other industry leaders. There are good people still left in the company to mentor you, but they are quickly leaving.

ConsCisco is in a constant Limited Restructure (Lay off) mode. When a group fails at a project the leadership moves to another group and the engineers are laid off. Way to many VPs Directors and managers. There are managers with only one or two people under them. Same with Directors and VPs. Cisco has lost its focus and the Senior Leadership team is driving the ship into the icebergs. Pay raises and promotions are only available to the managers and above. Cisco considers it an insult to give a 2% pay raise to cover cost of living, so they may give you 5% every 5 or 6 years. Recent Cisco motto is Be thankful you have a job!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market says it well, Cisco is dead in the waters. We are the laughing stock of San Jose as well as Wall Street. Fire the board members and change the whole Senior Leadership. ANd maybe the stock will go up and we can regain our self respect finally. Stop out sourcing jobs to boost your stock options and pay.

Good place to work and learn if you are doing what you love, else just another big company and you are an employee!!

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: 1. If you are working in the right division on the right job you are good. 2. Good benefits… Cons: 1. Your growth is directly proportional to the number of people you know inside Cisco. 2. Most managers are very technical and resolve your technical issues… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of the employees, Train managers candidates well before… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great, however still some potential improvements could be expected

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: Cisco provides flexible working environment, including a flexible working time and relax… Cons: sometimes the process is just too complex to be followed, which will cost you too much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!