Ciena
www.ciena.com Hanover, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Flexible, fulfilling, but still acts like a start-up which is sometimes not a good thing.

Director (Current Employee)
Linthicum, MD (US)

I have been working at Ciena

ProsFlexible, good salary, ok benefits, nice offices in Linthicum MD,

ConsLack of processes/systems cause many manual and therefore time-consuming, error-prone activities. Lots of non-value add work due to lack of investment in infrastructure/processes. Lack of financial analysis. Accounting refuses to provide financial analysis to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT/infrastructure and FP&A. Mandate policies. Man-up.

I was empowered to start a process.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ciena

Pros: Pay scale was very good. Cons: Short staff so lots of work, not always enough people to handle the work. Training and building… More

Use to be a lot more fun

Accounting and Finance (Current Employee)
Linthicum, MD (US)

I have been working at Ciena

Pros: work life balance work from home company allows for good accomodation… Cons: massive changes due to aquisition market forces not necessarily in favor of the company lot of compitition no longer have the big cash… Advice to Senior Management: make the changes necessary to processes to get them working… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ciena.

Worked for Ciena? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciena reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ciena CEO Gary B. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Ciena employees.