There are newer employer reviews for Chubb Corp

Politics over achievements

I worked at Chubb Corp

Pros

Company will be around for some time due to conservative business practices.

Cons

Many employees are hired based on whether they know someone in management. Management does not promote based on work achievements. Ideas are not taking into consideration from non-management. Software is antiquated and is in dire need of upgrades.

Foster a culture that seeks to rewards those who truly earn it rather than attempting to appease someone by hiring their relatives. Also it would be a good idea to implement a system that has 360 feedback so that everyone is held accountable, not just by their superiors.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Chubb Corp (View Most Recent)

Great Company - Bad Management in the IT Department.

I worked at Chubb Corp

Pros

Plenty of work and the challenges are there to keep everybody energized and excited. The company in itself was an excellent employer and had town halls and rewarded it's employees well.

Cons

Working in IT was a roller coaster. Due to a single executive, who undeservedly moved up the ranks, several people quit or were suddenly and mysteriously let go and my hunch was that it was becausue they were deemed a threat. Morale in the IT group deterioted very rapidly and many seem to hang on only because the company is a great employer but the IT department is not.

CICC needs to to engage in a little bit of management clean up in it's IT Department.

Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Warren, NJ (US)

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about this company, I am sure there are more, I guess the cons have overridden the pros.

Cons

I worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that the rest of the company is not like this. When I left I had to pull all of the knives out of my back. I advise anyone to stay away from this group. Chubb as a whole I hear is a good company to work for, but I wasn't sorry when they layed me off, the grass is greener on the other side, trust me.

Try to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead that you don't have to stab your co-worker in the back.

There are newer employer reviews for Chubb Corp