Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

Department had too much turnover

Underwriter Associate (Former Employee)
Whitehouse, NJ (US)

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 8 years

ProsStable company, very diverse, used to have more of a family environment

ConsHard to keep a fully staffed team. People would only stay a few months to a year before leaving (most of them ljust up and quit). Agents and remaining staff were very frustrated and this pattern continued for at least 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some incentive to stay and weather the storm. Do things to boost morale and people will have a sense of loyalty to stay.

sr underwriter

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
São Salvador, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Solid financials, very diversified company. Cons: sometimes too conservative underwriter approach - follows others rather than… Advice to Senior Management: new products, new classes of business to target Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent Organization with Top Tier Management

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: One of the strongest insurance companies in the world. … Cons: Company operates very conservatively (after all, this is insurance, not Silicon Valley).… Advice to Senior Management: Excellent job moving the company through the financial crisis. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.