Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com
  www.schwab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Great Company. Employee first, attitude. Fun environment.

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Operations Associate in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced. Fun, never a dull moment. Always learning something new. Paid sabbatical every 5th year!

Cons

Pay is so-so. Can't advance unless you are licensed (to be expected)

900 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Perfect job for a person with IQ of 80 or below. Must Love Bingo, Pokeno and Coloring.

Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

When hired they never tell you that there is sales involved. They also never tell you that it is a call center. If you have never worked in call center, you will not know that in this job you do not have any autonomy on anything. Your breaks, lunchtime, and desks are selected for you. I often called it Schwab High School. They tell you silly phrases like "make new best friends on the phone call" or "this is a fun job" You are required to play silly games like Bingo, Pokeno, and do coloring activities ... yes I am serious coloring..like crayons and markers .... If you have a backbone and do not particpate in these ascinine activitie , expect a write up. I was written up for not playing Bingo and not using my personal time to go to happy hour on my own personal time for team activites. If you are person of an IQ of about 80 it is the perfect place to work. They will think for you so there is no need for reasoning or logic.

Evaluate job performance not similarities of personalities. Not every good employee wants to be your friend.

A great work environment

Former Employee - Account Retail in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Retail in Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time

Pros

This was one of my first jobs out of grad school and the culture is greta. The human resources element is taken very seriously and the culture is supportive.

Cons

retail is hard and depending on the location, if you work at a branch the public can be very difficult. The money is not top tier but then again, its a bank not an iBank.

Allow the junior stars to move up faster.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab