Charles Schwab
www.aboutschwab.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

By far the best employer that I've ever worked for.

IT Employee (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

ProsSchwab is very particular about the worker that they hire. They will not only test your skills, but your personality and fit for culture as well. Benefits are generous, although there is very little if any tuition reimbursement. VERY good work and life balance. Ample opportunity for advancement. Senior leaders are very smart, tuned in, and actually care. All of them answer e-mail. Will your CEO answer an e-mail with a well thought-out answer that you send him? Walt will.

ConsPay can be slightly below market in some areas. Company re-organizes frequently which can be confusing. You must be able to prioritize and juggle many projects at once. Lots of drive-by and last minute "this must be done now" requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is great because it's full of smart, talented people. Schwab is a huge target of head hunters looking to steal your greatest assets. Keep this in mind when computing bonus payout percentages.

Very corporate, not innovative, unwillingness to try new things

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Charles Schwab as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Excellent work/life balance. No overtime (not common as a contractor… Cons: I was brought in as a contractor to help manage part of their online efforts and bring some fresh ideas to the table. My boss… Advice to Senior Management: Give employees more resources to innovate; they are too bogged down with plodding… More

Great place to work

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros: Stability, growth and a great work enviornment Cons: I had a great 7 years working there, no cons More

There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charles Schwab CEO Walt Bettinger II. All reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees.