Great Company

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity for learning, growth and promotion

Cons

There is often a heavy workload

Other Reviews for Charles Schwab

Would work there again

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Client and employee driven. Great place to work.

Cons

They could pay more to the superstars.

Worst company I have worked for

Former Employee - Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Representative in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Direct quote from HR to fellow employee, "Well if you don't like it you can go somewhere else, and in this economy good luck." Fellow employee got his license and was still making about 10% less than new hires off the street were hiring in at. He had made all of his "numbers" and had outstanding reviews. Rep came from another department and was treated like a second class citizen. When he met with HR and commented on the fact that strangers off the street were making more than him the response above is was what he got. This i think really is the best Pro to working for the company, you can quit, you don't have to stay, escape is possible. I wouldn't recommend this place to my most hated enemy. I loved this company, it was the company I wanted to work for most of my life and it was a huge disappointment.

Cons

Pay is dismal, as of 2013 they killed the benefits, the management is the worst I have ever seen including my jobs at Kmart and Burger King from high school!!! They manipulate people and offer no room for advancement. Favoritism is at an all time high, I have never seen so much manipulation of power in my life. I have seen great workers held back and watched terrible people succeed. Something akin to a bad movie, the company makes Initech (Office Space) look like a nice place to work. During my 3 year sentence I watched about 250+ people come and go in my small depart that holds at max 45 people! That kind of turnover is a bad sign. It's not just one person in management it's the management overall.

Fire middle management then yourselves, you have ruined a great company!

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!