There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Great Company

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity for learning, growth and promotion

Cons

There is often a heavy workload

855 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

By far the best employer that I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - IT Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - IT Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schwab is very particular about the worker that they hire. They will not only test your skills, but your personality and fit for culture as well. Benefits are generous, although there is very little if any tuition reimbursement. VERY good work and life balance. Ample opportunity for advancement. Senior leaders are very smart, tuned in, and actually care. All of them answer e-mail. Will your CEO answer an e-mail with a well thought-out answer that you send him? Walt will.

Cons

Pay can be slightly below market in some areas. Company re-organizes frequently which can be confusing. You must be able to prioritize and juggle many projects at once. Lots of drive-by and last minute "this must be done now" requests.

This company is great because it's full of smart, talented people. Schwab is a huge target of head hunters looking to steal your greatest assets. Keep this in mind when computing bonus payout percentages.

Not what I expected and dissapointing

I worked at Charles Schwab

Pros

The employees of the company, outside of HR were great. Most people there like what they do and enjoy working together.

Cons

I worked in one area of HR during my time there. The HR department didn't hold the same standards and values as other areas of the business. It's too bad, good company but not the best department. Can feel like you are stuck in a position with no room for growth. Also, not typical of other areas of the company but definetely the feeling in that department.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!