Cerner
www.cerner.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

Good for new Hires, temporary job for experienced professionals.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros1) Kansas city is a cheap place to live. Cerner pays competitive salary compared to other technology companies located in Kansas City.
2) Good place for new grads to start career but not for experienced professional.

Cons1) Experienced teammates will be mediocre. The only reason they are your seniors is because they have worked there for X amount of years.
2) Promised projects never get executed not even when specifically mentioned while signing the offer. You`ll be put on a project you have no clue about.
2) Lack of smart people makes work boring. You dont learn anything related to coding. There is too much stress given on knowing to use Cerner applications than actually implementing programming concepts. Unles you want to work in hospitals as a Cerner product consultant Cerner product knowledge is useless.
3) CCL is only used in Cerner. It becomes tough to apply for your next job. Dont spend too much time time coding in CCL.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive preference to employees who are smart rather than employees who have worked in the company for longer.

Good tmp company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros: In general, things are organized. Good team setup Decent salary Cons: Mostly located in Kansas City. KC's only pro is that it's cheap. Nothing to do here and lacks international presence. Most people who work here… Advice to Senior Management: They're aware a lot of people leave after a few years. They are aggressive about… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great for Growth/ Work Hard play hard

I have been working at Cerner full-time

Pros: Tons of room to move within the company Cons: My jobs doesn't take long hours but others work very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cerner CEO Neal L. Patterson. All reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees.