Capco

www.capco.com

Best to avoid as Capco is an extremely aggressive and political environment to work in!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Salaries can be good.
More open than most other consultancies to applicants with no prior consulting experience

Cons

Plenty of nepotism and politics when it comes to both resourcing engagement and year end promotions - almost all of the management team are ex-Accenture and project a clear bias to their former colleagues.
Rapidly gaining the reputation for being a 'PMO shop' i.e. the opposite of a high value consultancy

Adopt a consistent and impartial approach to compensation and promotion

Other reviews for Capco

If your willing to deal with the downside...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Smaller firm, so less admin type of work compared to big 4. Will initially overpay to attract employees.

Cons

No real projects, more of a body shop. Heavily invested in GSEs, tech pmo work.
    Difficult selling to clients, therefore limited work. Partners have limited contacts.
    If you are not close to a partner you will receive very little comp.
    Lots of Bearingpoint people, the same place that went bankrupt.
    Old capco had a strong reputation.
    Lots of layoffs in 2011 due to reliance on one client.
    Promoted lots of people to roles they are not fit for.

Driven environment, thoughtful but distracted leaders, decent compensation

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

The company is a IT consulting company so there is travel involved. The company has great opportunities for aspiring individuals to contribute and make a difference. The salary and benefits have been great because they consider themselves a premium consulting service so they are expensive but there experience in the Finance world is highly recognized although I don't have any personal experience in that area. I like the atmosphere and my management team.

Cons

The travel can be hectic and the pressure intense because they have important clients but what company doesn't? I would like to have more guidance and direction and more contact with my mentor but I think this aspect of the company is still growing. The QA skills for the other workers are far below what I would expect from a premium firm. I think they are overly concerned with billable and not actual work delivered.

Individual growth is being addressed each year because I that that has been one of the common complaints but I would still like to see more change in this area. I would add that Capco's effort in this area is still leaps and bounds above many companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Capco.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!