Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
  www.cambridgeassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates was a waste of time

Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst  in  Arlington, VA (US)
Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers in the "secluded" office. They were about the only thing that kept me at Cambridge Associates.

Cons

Lack of experienced management, communication, and help. When you speak up, no one ever listens or tries to fix the situation.

Listen to your employees when they speak up to you. We are speaking up for a reason.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC (View Most Recent)

Great working environment, Great people

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are willing to cooperate, resonable and smart. Great work/life balance. Open minded leaders with long-term perspective in enterprise development.
    The company also provides great career path for the internal employees, and many people work for the company more than 10 years, even 20 years.

Cons

I could not tell much about the cons, since I like this company. If I have to something, I will say that the work pace could be a little faster. Be more responsive to the market change and be more client-oriented.

first hand review

Former Employee - Private Equity Data
    Former Employee - Private Equity Data

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

-the amount of learning that can take place at Cambridge Associates is unlimited...however entirely dependent on the individual
    -heavy exposure to the most prestigious institutional investors in the world as well as the most prestigious investment managers in the world (public, private, hedge funds, hard assets, real estate); if you ever want to work at one or the other, CA is an outstanding first step...if not you can always work in a specific industry or pretty much swing into whatever
    -incredibly rich pool of talent all over the company (and alumni base)
    -private investments vertical is by far the most interesting and rewarding (im talking from consulting to research to data...picking mutual funds isn't exactly thrilling...but DD on the next $billion distressed fund is a different story.) If private is what you can get into at the firm...you should.

Cons

-attempting to get on the best projects can be tricky...and there are only so many to go around
    -culture could be strengthened in certain departments
    -more mentorship needed

-see if you can't juggle the strengths of employees better
    -promote an even more open and transparent setting for sharing of ideas
    -if selected to management track of some sort, MBA should in some way be incentivized...especially at the manager, assistant director level because they have direct reports
    -see if you can't teach associates how to build financial models

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!