CafePress

www.cafepress.com

Great people, lousy communication

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Louisville, KY (US)
Current Employee - Programmer in Louisville, KY (US)

Pros

Cafepress is constantly moving forward; with products, ideas, & technologies. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed.

Cons

Communication is absolutely atrocious! For example, I have to hear through the grape vine that someone I depend on is leaving the company. No one tells anyone else what they are doing or asks how it can be done better. They just go off and do it, usually making the same mistakes again and again.

Get people to work together and communicate from the top down and you will have a much happier work force.

Other reviews for CafePress

Unique concept, opportunities for growth, support from team

Pros

CafePress is a place where creativity is always flowing. There is a lot of room for growth and change if that is what excites you. This is the only place I have worked where I feel like my input and feedback is heard, valued and even often implemented.

I get amazing support from my manager both in terms of motivation and recognition, but also in my personal and professional development. Our entire team is very involved and supportive.

There is great flexibility in my work load and I get the freedom to determine my projects and work at my pace (which is usually at mach speed anyway).

The environment is very laid back and friendly. We play hard but work even harder.

Cons

The only cons are cons with every organization for which I have worked. I don't think these are unique to CafePress.
    -need for better communication across teams/areas
    -some projects need more front-end planning and less band-aids and clean up after the fact

Every person hired should begin by serving time as a customer service representative. Most every decision affects the customer experience and everyone should understand the impact their decisions and daily tasks make on the customers and the team who works on the front line to support them.

Could have been a great company if not destroyed by Bob Marino

Former Employee - Senior Management  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Louisville, KY (US)

Pros

great team, great vision and great market

Cons

Really bad judgement on hiring by the founders

too late, the ship already sailed.

There are newer employer reviews for CafePress.

Worked for CafePress? Contribute to the Community!