CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Port Monmouth, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Store Manager in Port Monmouth, NJ (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits for all employees

Cons

work too many hours 75 hour weeks.

Listen and don't micro manage

3682 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

mixed review

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good coworkers and local management

Cons

weak HR leadership only interested in protecting own jobs

Fairly typical large employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Overall, not a bad company to work for.
    Corporate level; good, broad-based benefits, excellent employee website (although RX coverage has some surprising gaps). Aggressively encourages preventive care with rewards, uses different methods to get the word out.
    My personal experience wIth managers has been OK to very good, especially in helping to find hours.

Cons

Still, Local level is still where the issues live: get no or partial/inconsistent messages about changes and policy usage; part-timers get left out altogether. For ex,: I don't remember seeing anything "organized" about what to do in a crisis (this after Hurricane Sandy and. just around the corner from Sandy Hook).
    Get very little feedback on your performance (sometimes even when customer provided good feedback by name).
    *Must make sure paycheck reflects all hours worked, and in accordance with policy and labor law. Only mgr and spvr can see data for specific dates, ee does not receive hard copy confirmation of time punches. From time to time serious issues have arisen.
    It's unintentional, but due to customer service pressures supervisors can forget to give legally mandated breaks.
    EE discount is nice but Walmart is still usually cheaper.

Given Obamacare, HIPAA concerns, etc, I understand Corporate reluctance to drill down and hold district mgt accountable, but the wellness programs/bonuses are not being leveraged. The same is true of the thank-you program.
    Since this is retail and most store ees are earning poverty level wages, these are missed opportunities on several levels.

Especially locally: they might not have home internet access but I haven't met anyone without a cell, so leverage this to get messages out.

When there's a sales competition, the poster says the winning store's employees get a coupon for a one-time 50% discount.. OK. It also says the store manager gets $1000... Suddenly, despite my best intentions, my motivation to play this game has taken a big dip. You might want to rethink how you communicate these prizes.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health