There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

3052 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Fairly typical large employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfield, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Overall, not a bad company to work for.
    Corporate level; good, broad-based benefits, excellent employee website (although RX coverage has some surprising gaps). Aggressively encourages preventive care with rewards, uses different methods to get the word out.
    My personal experience wIth managers has been OK to very good, especially in helping to find hours.

Cons

Still, Local level is still where the issues live: get no or partial/inconsistent messages about changes and policy usage; part-timers get left out altogether. For ex,: I don't remember seeing anything "organized" about what to do in a crisis (this after Hurricane Sandy and. just around the corner from Sandy Hook).
    Get very little feedback on your performance (sometimes even when customer provided good feedback by name).
    *Must make sure paycheck reflects all hours worked, and in accordance with policy and labor law. Only mgr and spvr can see data for specific dates, ee does not receive hard copy confirmation of time punches. From time to time serious issues have arisen.
    It's unintentional, but due to customer service pressures supervisors can forget to give legally mandated breaks.
    EE discount is nice but Walmart is still usually cheaper.

Given Obamacare, HIPAA concerns, etc, I understand Corporate reluctance to drill down and hold district mgt accountable, but the wellness programs/bonuses are not being leveraged. The same is true of the thank-you program.
    Since this is retail and most store ees are earning poverty level wages, these are missed opportunities on several levels.

Especially locally: they might not have home internet access but I haven't met anyone without a cell, so leverage this to get messages out.

When there's a sales competition, the poster says the winning store's employees get a coupon for a one-time 50% discount.. OK. It also says the store manager gets $1000... Suddenly, despite my best intentions, my motivation to play this game has taken a big dip. You might want to rethink how you communicate these prizes.

Worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My PIC is great, but he's fresh out of school so I give him another year before he turns bitter like the other pharmacists I've worked with at CVS. I used to like my co-workers but after four years I'm tired of their drama. The only pro I can think of is I like my PIC and some of the front store staff. And the discount.

Cons

Where can I even begin? The higher ups only care about NUMBERS instead of their employees or the customers. The PCI calls are a waste of time and the numerous automated calls just annoy customers so much they transfer everything to Kroger. There's one lady I work with who is slow as Christmas and doesn't know how to TYPE (she types with one finger) but for some reason she's still there. The pay is complete crap. There are no benefits for part-timers. The hours are terrible. The techs and most pharmacists are burnt out and mean. Lunch only lasts 30 minutes and there's no other breaks allowed unless you smoke. Hah! I've come to the point where I hate going to work, dislike everyone I work with besides the PIC (bless his heart) and hate the customers. It should be that way. I can not wait to put my two weeks notice in. I was treated better when I worked at Wal-mart!!!

Treat your employees with respect, with higher pay and more tech hours. Stop worrying so much about numbers and learn how to care for your customers. STOP THE UNNECESSARY PHONE CALLS.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!