CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

3455 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Great place to be a lifer (if that's what you want)

Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security (unless you screw up big time *and* annoy others), 401k match, work life balance/work from home days (varies by dept), stock purchase program. Some departments have a great set of intelligent people.. other departments have clock-watching 9-4:59ers.. just depends on whether you get lucky (or not).

Cons

6% salary bump for all promotions no matter what (which means your annual raise will always be 1-4% at best), benefits are constantly changing ("to align with industry") which includes cutting PTO accrual, blatant favoritism, general reluctance to get rid of incompetent workers (it takes at least 1 year to fire someone here)

Throw out the consultants and lead by example (ie, Don't proclaim it was an excellent year and then slash non-mgmt bonuses. We all know what VP bonuses were. It's not a secret.) Get rid of the low performers and retain your talented people with opportunities to grow. Think about the message you are sending when you promote/reward incompetent people.

Both good and bad

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health