CVS is making money for sure...good company to work for? Hmmmm!

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with the company for close to ten years. I've been through several positions..from new store setup, store manager to district trainer. I learned a lot for sure...because CVS runs on a very tight payroll, and we have no choice but learn every aspect of business. It's a good thing! If you can run a CVS store, you should be able to run most of the retail stores.

Cons

As I've mentioned earlier, the company is making great deal of money and is very aggressive opening new stores. On the downside, none of those money come back to the employees..well, at least not at the store level. 2013 is the year I've decided that enough is enough. The corporate is really squeezing the grunts dry. We are asked to do much more with bare minimum annual raise($.20cents?! you kidding me!) They're in the mentality that if you don't want the job, somebody else would since the economy is bad. I gave my life to the company and turned the local business around, but I think it's time to move on.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

Rushed by stressed out pharmacists, constantly interrupted, understaffed, underpaid

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most co-workers genuinely care about their work and are friendly. Computer scanning system is accurate and fairly user-friendly.

Cons

CVS "skeleton schedule" leaves the pharmacy undermanned all day. No time to complete the behind-the-scenes tasks that are required because you are constantly helping customers and answering phones while being understaffed. Yet you are held accountable for those tasks. During rush hours, you are told to "multi-task" better, because you can't fill scripts at the same time as serving customer after customer in line. Training is brief and haphazard. Pharmacists tend to be irritable because of lack of breaks and too many demands at once, and they take it out on the techs. Pay scale is lower than competitors. Medical insurance and Rx insurance for full-time workers is costly and doesn't cover well. Most pharm techs are doing their time until they can bail for a better company.

Pay attention to the well-being of your employees and you will have higher morale and lower turnover of employees. Organize your work environment so that there are fewer interruptions for the production and drop-off techs instead of accusing them of not being able to "multi-task" well enough. Consider employing retail sales associates to man the pick-up station to free up the certified techs to safely fill the scripts.

Pharmacy Manager- Very Stressful Job

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay(although other chain pharmacies in the area pay more)I know i have applied and received offers

Cons

-Bad Hours(every other weekend mostly)
    -Change in Work location( could be as often as every 6 months)
    -Might or Might not get a 40 hour work week
    -Workload is crazy(Number of tasks that managers have to do and are responsible for is impossible)
    -Tech hours are very closely budgeted as with any other retail pharmacy,but with CVS there are a lot of targets to meet KPM,myCustomer,SOS.
    -Stuff has to be submitted to upper management on a weekly if not daily basis.

Stop cutting Tech hours.It is getting ridiculous nowadays.
    Too High expectations without much help from management.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!