Lightning strikes twice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woonsocket, RI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the second time in my life that I wake up and can't wait to get to work. I love the company, and my job.
The corporate culture is sensitive to employee performance and genuinely committed to personal growth and success. There are numerous opportunities to learn more through the internal CBT system, LearnNET. The people are all open and friendly, and always open to new members, and will at least listen to new ideas, even when they are already committed to another plan.

Cons

can be confusing to navigate the culture
can be frustrating learning the rules of how to interact
remote management can result in managers being out of touch with whats going on, on the ground where the front line staff are.
There is very little tolerance for expressing any judgement. Even a wrong tone of voice can get you a meeting with your manager/director/VP depending on your level. This can be frustrating. However, there is always an opportunity to change and improve, and anyone will help you to understand and adapt.

having your manager in a different location can be a bit frustrating. sometimes it feels like my manager is out of touch with my responsibilities' challenges. as a result, I can never be sure if I have their support in my decisions. In addition, when my actions are comments on by others, sometimes, my manager jumps to a conclusion rather than ask me about the issue. My manager is inconsistent in the support, which make me hesitate to act, sometimes.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

unrealistic expectations, skeleton crew

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits, financially stable company to work for, job security

Cons

I dont even know where to begin. Customer service is preached from upper management, yet we are forced to run the stores on very minimal payroll, usually just one manager and one cashier on duty at a time. This makes for a very stressful environment on a daily basis. You try to give it your all and make sure every customer is satisfied but when as the store manager you are on the register half your day because you work in a busy, high volume store, you still feel you are lacking, because you can then not get management duties/tasks done without working past your shift to make up for the constant interruptions and issues throughout your shift. You are not a manager. You are everything else: backup cashier(whenever there are three people in line the cashier is to call for backup,thats you)photo technician, stocker, truck unloader. restroom cleaner, and the list goes on and on. So a company that tries to appear so focused on service doesn't want to supply the resource in the form of payroll to give this service they so demand. When you have a line of 6,7.8 people and someone needs assistance there is noone to give that assistance. Not to mention the the word is out on the streets to shoplifters that if you go to CVS theres noone in the stores to apprehend or catch them when the only two people in the building are both on the register. It may seem like a good company to work for to those fortunate enough to work at a level other than store level. As a store manager this company will take everything out of you and run you into the ground. It catches up to you, Its only a matter of time. I've seen so many good people leave the company due to the stress and I have to say I'm right behind them. My time has now come.....I hope to know what its like to be proud of the company I work for and take pride in my career. I surely cant say that right now.

Get their priorities straight! If your going to have certain expectations you should make sure that you supply the resources nessesary.

Job satisfaction and great company

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Lexington, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lexington, NE (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company for employee engagement.

Cons

Heavy workload at times for managers but very rewarding

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!