CSG Systems International

www.csgi.com

Not the right place for anyone who is a professional with integrity

Software Tester (Former Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsFree popcorn. Given early out on the eve of holidays. Not a horrendous amount of overtime. Interesting and challenging work. Some very nice smart coworkers.

ConsPeople there are frightened of making a mistake, frightened of offending "the ear", and afraid to trust each other. Example: small group of developers discussed a laborious paper process that could be replaced by file compare, sounded like they have wanted this for a long time. I'm not a developer but I thought I'd bounce the idea off a developer from another team. Other developer quickly looked around to be sure we were alone, dropped voice to a whisper and said "You HAVE to be careful what you say! There are people who have been here a long time and don't want things to change." The good news is I see they are advertising for an internal auditor so maybe the cloak and dagger era of process improvement will end soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the technical staff to make changes, they know what isn't working and how to fix it. Support the technical staff instead of treating them like they cannot be trusted. Figure out which people are refusing to allow change and figure out what is causing the fear in the technical staff. Maybe an anonymous hotline for whistle-blowers would help. Train the managers on how to be managers.

Little information-sharing between team members and other departments. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros: Certain locations seem to be more protected from constant layoffs.… Cons: Good old boy network. People live in fear of… Advice to Senior Management: When you acquire a company, do not try to completely… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work but don't count on a long tenure

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at CSG Systems International

Pros: Relaxed Atmosphere, Challanging Work, Great People To Work With. New… Cons: The more tenure you have, the less job security Morale low… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on your people and watch how well they perform. You have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CSG Systems International.

Worked for CSG Systems International? Contribute to the Community!