CEB
www.cebglobal.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a bad place to put in a year before moving to greener pastures...

Senior Director (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at CEB full-time for more than 10 years

Proswhen smaller, junior positions carried a lot of responsibility early in the career and gave great experience. Upward trajectory was strong when the company was growing at 20%+ per year. Rare opportunity to work with senior executives at prestigious client firms early in one's career.

Conswork-life balance is very poor, most positions at junior and mid- levels are underpaid, and the exec level tends to micromanage (lots of mandates to "drop everything and do this right now!"). Company tendency to overinvest in sales/marketing and underinvest in product/service has increased in recent years. Corporate values have definitely eroded since the IPO/pre-IPO years...

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability for MD/ED/GM executive staff has been poor. Work-life balance needs to be improved. Employee churn at junior levels needs to be reduced or else risk poisoning your future market of middle managers and executives.

very good

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: positive atmosphere, opportunity to work with CXOs Cons: things can be repetitive sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Associate Director

Associate Director (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People where great. Very driven co-workers. Culture was pretty… Cons: Pure meat grinder in the sales organization. If you have enough sales… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.