There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Great employees to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff takes good care of the residents and being able to interact with the residents is a huge bonus! Negative behavior by employees is not tolerated which makes teamwork more prevalent--only people who work as a team stay employed.

Cons

The pay is comparatively low, working on holidays as an hourly employee, benefits aren't as good as most other companies, every employee is extremely busy and stretched thin.

My personal experience has been very good with Management. My only advice would be to reward employees with moral-boosters (pay increases, appreciation, nice employee facilities). I believe these things would help reduce turnover and truly keep good employees.

440 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Good Company Gone Bad

Former Employee - Regional
    Former Employee - Regional

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work when it was the original Brookdale.

Cons

Now too big, too beauractatic and too clicky...Kiss but to get anyway or they fir you!

Get it together...Replace upper management with people who know the business and can relate to their employees and their residents. You guys grew TOO big, TOO fast and kept the WRONG PEOPLE in positions of POWER! f I'm sorry to say I would NOT recommend the NEW Brookdale.

If you don't play the office politics game, don't expect to move up

Current Employee - Corporate Associate
    Current Employee - Corporate Associate

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of great co-workers, decent pay for what I do, working in an industry where you can positively affect people's lives

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities if you don't kiss up to the right people, favoritism, lack of diversity among upper management, not enough positive feedback from supervisor

The mood on the all-company call that was held just days after many long-time employees were demoted or laid off was too cheerful and joking, and it was disrespectful to those who were going through a very difficult time. I know we are supposed to have fun every day but more decorum was needed. Also, post positions that are available before granting them to whomever kissed your butt the most. You open yourself up to lawsuits by not giving everyone a chance.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living