Bridgepoint Education

www.bridgepointeducation.com

Took some time getting used to the product and types of students....

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsIf you are fresh out of college, it is a great place to work. Or.. if you are older and seeking some extra income for the family.. it is a great place to work. Since they did away with the matrix, the atmosphere has completely changed. It is a LOT of fun.. not kidding.. a ton of fun. We work hard but we play games, listen to loud musich, throw balls all around, and are caring on the phone with students and each other. Truly never worked in such a fun place where they want to make it fun for you.

ConsIf you have only B to B experience and are used to making money and having incentives for closing more deals.. it will be VERY frustrating. But if you really need a job, want to learn a new industry... and do not mind the pay.. it is a good place to work till you get a real job. The frustrating part is seeing kids on my team.. making 103K per year and are locked in at that rate. Crazy.. and so not worth it. Good for them though.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are doing a fine job. I really think you need to stop feeding floor and OAP unassigned to your vets as most of them sit on their rears and wait for hand outs. Give those to the performers of the month, make them work for their money as I see a lot of them getting lazy. So what if they performed for 1-3 yrs, now they are not and are just taking hand outs. I know this is true as I sit with them all day. Nuts and unfair.

Decent Pay and Benefits, Free Education, But it's at a price

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education

Pros: The pay is good, the benefits are good, and you get a free college… Cons: When you're new its like being a freshmen in college. Cliques are already formed, the managers and directors dont really acknowledge your presence, they train… Advice to Senior Management: Hey Directors how about you come out of your office once just to get know your staff and not to be a hall monitor? All… More

Horrible lack of leadership in the IT organization

IT Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education

Pros: Great talented co-workers (most of whom are going to leave), not a lot… Cons: There's a great deal of "good ol boy club" stuff going on within the IT organization. Most of the truly talented and seasoned Engineers… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management needs to open their eyes, when all of your Senior level staff in an IT organization get up and leave in short order… More

There are newer reviews on Bridgepoint Education.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!