Bridgepoint Education
www.bridgepointeducation.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

After Growing Pains, this company is finally "getting it"

San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent Pay, good benefits, opportunities for professional development and growth, community partnerships. This company does a great deal of community service projects as well as outreach to the San Diego community. Outside of the admissions department, there is a great sense of job satisfaction, and safety. OUside of Admissions you will find a very professional atmosphere, and an emphasis on developing talents and leadership. Very supportive of the military community.

Consa lot of turnover, constant change. The Admissions floors are a place that can be very tough. Management puts a lot of pressure on employees and lower management to perform. I have seen people with Masters degrees completely not satissfied, nor appreciated for their value. I can say that the culture is changing though. The company is moving away from overly-aggressive sales tactics. Now they're just aggressive. The company doesn't do an adequate job of addressing parking problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to develop a culture in the Admissions dept. that can support every employee. Everyone should feel proud to have this company on their resume, or facebook page. Continue to be involved in the community, and making the reputation of the brand a strong one. Make exceptions for students if you have to, especially if it means they won't feel ripped off.

Great Company With Passion For Education

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cutting edge technology, great employees and talented engineers. Management is… Cons: Need a better plan for consistancy across state lines. Educational depth is lacking… Advice to Senior Management: On the software the side tech leads and managers are highly qualified and willing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pushing Ethics

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: Co-wokers were mostly fun, there is a certain level of… Cons: This company is under constant pressure now from the Congress to change its practices, and is being investigated by the department of justice. They essentially… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of your ENTIRE executive team and start over.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bridgepoint Education.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridgepoint Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew S. Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Bridgepoint Education employees.