There are newer employer reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

Amazing benefits to community

Current Employee - Homework Tutor  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Homework Tutor in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very professional in the area that they specialize.
Very organized when ti comes to assisting youngins-teenagers
Extremely beneficial when it comes to influencing kids to go to college and to care more for their education and skills.
Emphasizes in teaching kids to look into their future and make something out of their lives.

Cons

There are practically no cons, the objective of the Boys and Girls Club is to strengthen kids of all types, and ages character, and future skills. The only technical con is that if you are to become employed in this workforce, you must be dedicated to change lives for the better, be very social, and to enforce a work habit all around your work site. If you cannot do these things then you will not survive in this profession.

The boys and Girls Club is run very well, nearly no issues with sites except for the usual "We wish we had a _______".

211 Other Employee Reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs (View Most Recent)

very good experience

Former Employee - Program Assistant  in  Ewa Beach, HI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Assistant in Ewa Beach, HI (US)

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs part-time for more than a year

Pros

very relaxed and engaging atmosphere

Cons

not really open to change but what they have going on is already good and on track

none

This national organization offers tremendous growth opportunity and a decent paycheck.

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Wonderful * people - dedicated, caring. I must give them their due. In this era of ageism, I've noticed that the organization values seasoned/veteran employees. If you can get your foot in the door, and you are fortunate to have decent management, you could retire from the organization if you can hang on. I salute the senior management for the generally excellent benefits and their commitment to excellence.

Cons

Very limited advancement, unless you relocate to Atlanta HQ or transition to a local Club. Even allowing for the constraints of non-profit salary scales, pay *could* be better, as well as the workload distribution...Certain departments are perceived more favorably than others...creates subtle elitism.

There are newer employer reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!