Boys & Girls Clubs

www.bgca.org

Excellent and Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelping the community. Connecting with children. Helping underprivileged kids. What is not to like about that. Every day I would get home and feel accomplished with myself.

ConsSome of the other counselors were obviously just there for the money. It is hard to work with someone who does not put in 100%. Personal was also spread thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and find more counselors per kid.

Everyone was very helpful and it was always fun to come into work!

Youth Counselor (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs part-time for less than a year

Pros: The staff and all the students were great! Cons: I don't have any negative things to say about Boys… More

CEO & Administrative Team treats lower employees like dirt.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to work with kids, hopefully shaping their lives… Cons: Almost too many to count. The biggest cons of working for the BGCA of Portland is that they completely destruct your dreams of helping kids… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better. Give them the salaries that they deserve, with the responsibilities that they can handle to have the most impact on kids'… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boys & Girls Clubs.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!