Bottomline Technologies
www.bottomline.com Portsmouth, NH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't contract here. Don't expect to be here more than 2 years.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Portsmouth, NH (US)

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNice building. Lots of work, never boring.They have a great espresso machine in the main kitchen. Great opportunities to learn. Good place to wait out the economic recovery.

ConsAbsolutely horrible culture. There is no real Life/Work balance even so they talk about how great it is all the time. Most permanent employees regularly work 10 hour days just to keep up.

They do not do their homework on mergers. They bought a large portion of Intuit's business but don't even have close to the infrastructure to integrate the group into the company.

Bottomline has a horrible reputation in the area for over work and underpay. I know a couple of very talented technology professionals looking for their next move who won't event consider this company due to their reputation. They currently have about 40 positions right now that they just can't fill. Seems their reputation is catching up with them.

Very telling of the pay scale. They have many VPs and Directors but if you look in the parking lot there are almost no high end cars. Usually tech bosses love their BMWs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that it is not all about the profits. Treat your people with some respect. Pay them what they are worth.

Best company I have ever worked for.

Portsmouth, NH (US)

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity is not defined by your job title. Anyone has the ability to make a real impact. The company… Cons: It is a fast paced environment unlike any I have ever worked at before.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't just set goals. Ensure the employees below you have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Takes care of its employees

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Upper management has a vision, is driving the company forward. Cons: At times, and in certain departments, very little respect for work life balance. In pursuit… Advice to Senior Management: Staff adequately, especially for large deployments, ensure that the teams (including team management) can switch off/trade off… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bottomline Technologies.

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Bottomline Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Bottomline is proud of our team-oriented culture. Each day, the way we conduct business is anchored by our Guiding Principles. • Delight Customers • Innovate, Communicate, Win and Grow • Work With and For Each Other… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bottomline Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bottomline Technologies CEO Rob Eberle. All reviews posted anonymously by Bottomline Technologies employees.