Fun but not too valuable of an experience - Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Herndon, VA (US)
Former Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were really friendly and the building I worked in was great. The pay and perks aren't too shabby either.

Cons

Most days I didn't really do much of anything except sit and play around. I can't complain too much since I got paid but I didn't really gain much valuable experience.

Other Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Overall Great Experience

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Booz Allen had a great environment that is great for professional growth. The professionals are top notch and I enjoyed learning and working with them during my time with the firm. The salary was also very good. Overall it was a great experience.

Cons

The assessment process is terrible requiring someone who does not work with you assess your contribution to the firm. Proposal work requires long hours of possibly unpaid additional work.

Higher caliber consultants

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton

Pros

I've been in the government contracting industry for a while now, and can say that BAH definitely hires more quality people than other firms. There are a lot of motivated people in the firm developing some very innovative capabilities. I've also had luck in having a very involved leadership and mentor

Cons

Like all companies it really depends on the team that you land on. I happened to get lucky in the team that I was placed in and was afforded a lot of opportunities, but that hasn't been the case for all of my co-workers. Also like all companies there can be a lot of office politics that drive decisions that not everyone agrees with

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!