Body Shop
www.thebodyshop.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

I love working for this company, however prepare for long hours

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Body Shop full-time for more than a year

ProsEncouraged to speak up and share ideas
Fantastic network of fellow managers for support and spirit-lifting!
Beautiful products, customer engagement and shop floor environment

ConsA lot is demanded from managers and assistant managers. You'll either embrace it (expected to 'run' your business rather than turn up and set up, close down and go) or you'll buckle.
Long hours - expectation is to be present and work at least 30 minutes before and after you're rota'd (and therefore paid) for every day but this is often more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about the working hours required of managers/assistant managers and reflect that in the weekly scheduling if you cannot reflect it in pay.

Working Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Body Shop

Pros: Great people, very nice atmosphere. Cons: Lots of changes causes disruption amongst employees Advice to Senior Management: Trust your staff! More

Cold working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Pretty office, great location and pantry -female dominated environment Cons: -Staff are unfriendly and not welcoming No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Body Shop.

Worked for Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Body Shop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Body Shop CEO Sophie Gasperment. All reviews posted anonymously by Body Shop employees.