There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

Don't like the environment

I have been working at Blount International

Pros

They offer good benefits. They have employee events, like Ice Cream Wednesdays, costs 0.75 per scoop, and yearly picnics and other things like that.

Cons

No bonus plans. I have never met more rude people at the manager level and above since I started with this company. Everyone is waiting to stab someone in the back. I haven't worked here long, and don't intend to for much longer.

Stop encouraging the atmosphere of politics.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Blount International (View Most Recent)

Blount International

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International

Pros

Blount International has a good track record with employees instilling longevity and loyalty. There were many people who were 20+ years and retired and as many 20+ years and still working.

Cons

Blount International keeps employees and tries to grow them in their knowledge of company key metrics. However some people learn how to just get buy and sort of float through the system without giving 100%

Blount is trying to buy certain competitors but they are in a commodities business. The bottom dollar will win most of the time. They need to innovate something spectacular and relative to their current customer base.

Blount cares and listens to their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Blount International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I feel engaged and my opinion matters. Our CEO, Josh Collins is engaged and leads with humility. I like that we are focused on continuous improvement and strive to create a cohesive global team. There is great communication within the organization. I really enjoy attending our Kaizen report outs every week and I like that these are video conferenced globally and recorded, and that all employees are invited and encouraged to attend.

Cons

I do not have anything I don't like at Blount.

Continue to engage with your employees and listen to our opinions. Keep the lines of communication open.

There are newer employer reviews for Blount International