www.blount.com
  www.blount.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blount International

Don't like the environment

I have been working at Blount International

Pros

They offer good benefits. They have employee events, like Ice Cream Wednesdays, costs 0.75 per scoop, and yearly picnics and other things like that.

Cons

No bonus plans. I have never met more rude people at the manager level and above since I started with this company. Everyone is waiting to stab someone in the back. I haven't worked here long, and don't intend to for much longer.

Stop encouraging the atmosphere of politics.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Blount International (View Most Recent)

Blount International

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International

Pros

Blount International has a good track record with employees instilling longevity and loyalty. There were many people who were 20+ years and retired and as many 20+ years and still working.

Cons

Blount International keeps employees and tries to grow them in their knowledge of company key metrics. However some people learn how to just get buy and sort of float through the system without giving 100%

Blount is trying to buy certain competitors but they are in a commodities business. The bottom dollar will win most of the time. They need to innovate something spectacular and relative to their current customer base.

Very sad

Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A global company with a lot of potential, a lot of great talent throughout the organization, one of the best Continuous Improvement programs I have witnessed in the industry, the CEO (Josh Collins) leads by example and takes the time to know every employee.

Cons

While the rest of the company is positioned to succeed, Blount's supply chain is struggling. Horrible hiring practices has led to filling management positions based entirely on "feel" and not solid education / skills / experience. The morale in the supply chain is the lowest seen at any company I have worked for. Communication is nonexistent and favoritism is played on a daily basis. They have lost a lot of good talent this year due to the ignorance of poor leadership and poor project execution.

Effective Communication and Change Management will do wonders.

There are newer employer reviews for Blount International