Blount International
www.blount.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Blount International

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milwaukie, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International

ProsBlount International has a good track record with employees instilling longevity and loyalty. There were many people who were 20+ years and retired and as many 20+ years and still working.

ConsBlount International keeps employees and tries to grow them in their knowledge of company key metrics. However some people learn how to just get buy and sort of float through the system without giving 100%

Advice to Senior ManagementBlount is trying to buy certain competitors but they are in a commodities business. The bottom dollar will win most of the time. They need to innovate something spectacular and relative to their current customer base.

Blount has a lot of potential if they get the right management in plave

I have been working at Blount International full-time

Pros: Good benefits package. Lots of overtime. Cons: No one gets in trouble very often for not doing… Advice to Senior Management: Tell people to stop talking and do their job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good People, Bad Decisions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Blount has fairly competitive salaries, good benefits, great people to work with, high percentage of… Cons: Lack of flexibility with work schedule, poor advancement opportunities, horrible communication/collaboration between departments, extreme low… Advice to Senior Management: This company is management heavy with a bunch of yes men. Listen to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blount International.

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blount International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blount International CEO Joshua L. (Josh) Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by Blount International employees.