Blount International
www.blount.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Great company

I have been working at Blount International full-time

ProsBlount is a great company that provides employees with plenty of opportunities for advancement and training. Compensation is better than most comparable descriptions.

ConsThe company is large and with that comes bureacracy. Even with the current emphasis on lean, continuous improvement, and change, there is still a culture that embraces "this is the way we've always done it" - but that's changing rapidly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. Changing the culture takes time - it's working.

Fnatastic company to work for with very nice coworkers; fun and nice benefits.benefits

Corporate Accountant (Current Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Blount International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The various people you get to work with and in my position that's a broad cross-section. Excellent benefits. Excellent work hours:… Cons: Slow upward mobility: people like the place and tend to… Advice to Senior Management: Create a broader spectrum of advancement opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Purchasing Department is total chaos

Buyer (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Blount International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: They give free bagels and bananas Cons: Too many chiefs, not enough Indians Advice to Senior Management: Make sure your Directors are not micro managing staff, allow them to communicate freely and not be so paranoid when their team is trying to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blount International.

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blount International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blount International CEO Joshua L. (Josh) Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by Blount International employees.