Blount International
www.blount.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Great company

I have been working at Blount International full-time

ProsBlount is a great company that provides employees with plenty of opportunities for advancement and training. Compensation is better than most comparable descriptions.

ConsThe company is large and with that comes bureacracy. Even with the current emphasis on lean, continuous improvement, and change, there is still a culture that embraces "this is the way we've always done it" - but that's changing rapidly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. Changing the culture takes time - it's working.

Fnatastic company to work for with very nice coworkers; fun and nice benefits.benefits

Corporate Accountant (Current Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Blount International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The various people you get to work with and in my position that's a broad cross-section. Excellent benefits. Excellent work hours:… Cons: Slow upward mobility: people like the place and tend to… Advice to Senior Management: Create a broader spectrum of advancement opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sinking ship

Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Blount International full-time for less than a year

Pros: There was no upside to the job. There was no structure,… Cons: The company is bleeding out with temp labor. Their communication to mamgement staff is lacking. They have no foundation to build up the comapny. All… Advice to Senior Management: To build your policies and procedures and manage your people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blount International.

Worked for Blount International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blount International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blount International CEO Joshua L. (Josh) Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by Blount International employees.