BlackRock
www.blackrock.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Given opportunities to learn and grow, supportive culture and process driven

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEvolution and change are well managed and people pay attention to the quality of the delivery and communication. Individuals are recognized for their achievements and compensated well. Good work life balance with solid managers.

ConsSome of the technology stack is dated and seems overly complex. Difficult to get enough internal resources to deliver projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for more anonymous advice and reviews of large technical changes. Pay for some utilities rather than rolling everything internally.

RQA is a poorly run organization

Risk and Quantitative Analysis (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than a year

Pros: Exposure to interesting investment portfolios Exposure to a talented junior staff Cons: Poorly run by senior management On a downward spiral Advice to Senior Management: RQA should be pared back as an organization. The changes being made in the group are not ones which will benefit it, but only… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

BRS: A great place to learn; but long hours, lots tech/systems, and by no means a pathway into portfolio management

Vice President (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at BlackRock full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart people, very detail oriented, lots of responsibility for recent… Cons: If you're a person with investment banking or pure asset management aspirations, BRS will not be the most direct route for you. The approach… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Focus less on finance / econ grads when recruiting and more on Comp Sci,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BlackRock.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlackRock CEO Laurence D. Fink. All reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees.