Biogen Idec
www.biogenidec.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

Looks great from outside the company...

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat salaries, benefits, some wonderfully smart, dedicated people work at Biogen Idec.

ConsThe company has become very political, recent hires are interested only in lots of money and promotions. Some of the worst managers I have ever seen work at Biogen Idec. No sense of teamwork anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out and get to know the people who are "in the trenches". Realize that some people who are talented individual contributors need to remain individual contributors because they lack the social skills to lead. Please thoroughly vet the people you are considering making leaders.

Biogen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Biogen Idec as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Current on technology. They have a weekly "Happy Hour" for employees in Weston and Cambridge. Tons of on the job… Cons: They can be cut throat when they let you go. 40% of staff are contractors. (Could be due to their move from Weston to… Advice to Senior Management: Look at hiring your existing contract employees. They work harder (and complain less) than the permanent employees. Also instead of laying off an… More

Director, Preclinical Safety

Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: great science, leader in MS development Cons: tolerate mediocre managers and leaders in some departments Advice to Senior Management: practice what you preach Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biogen Idec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biogen Idec CEO George A. Scangos. All reviews posted anonymously by Biogen Idec employees.