BioMarin Pharmaceutical

www.bmrn.com

A good place to learn how science works in a pharmaceutical settings.

Intern (Former Employee) Novato, CA (US)

Pros-Fun atmosphere. The company did a lot to let interns interact with each other even though we were in different parts of the company.
-The company provided catered lunch every Friday as well as breakfast (fruits, bagels) every Wednesday.
-The people I worked with were very social and helpful.
-Pay was good for an internship.
-Made an effort to include the interns in the discussions and weekly meetings.
-I learned a lot just by being there. Because they are a small company, it's not difficult to pick up information from other sectors of the company.

Cons-I definitely worked longer hours than I expected. But that was more in the beginning of the internship when I was learning new scientific techniques.
-A fair amount of repetition in terms of experimental techniques.
-Steep learning curve. I felt like I had to master all the techniques very quickly in order to do the experiment. But once I got them down, I started to get bored doing the same thing constantly.
-You will be on your feet for the majority of the day while in the lab. It is tiring for the first couple of weeks until you get used to it, even if you're in good shape.

poor senior leadership, insane profit margins save company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BioMarin Pharmaceutical for more than 5 years

Pros: CEO very adept at building enterprise value- great for stockholders Good… Cons: No career growth potential unless you work in Quality Assurance Company will always seek to secure skills externally (at great expense) instead of developing internal staff CEO… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A creative and fast-paced environment with success to match

Started As Entry Level (Current Employee)

I have been working at BioMarin Pharmaceutical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: BioMarin is that rare biotech that embraces a more casual and creative culture. If you wonder why we are a company that has seen… Cons: Honestly, the biggest downside is people from other environments who come here and don't get the culture. We focus on our patients. We… Advice to Senior Management: As we grow, it's important for us to gain knowledge and experience from people who come from other companies and cultures; however, these hires seem… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Worked for BioMarin Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!