Bimbo Bakeries

www.bimbobakeriesusa.com
  www.bimbobakeriesusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bimbo Bakeries

It takes a lot of work to build a bread route almost from the ground up, but it can pay off very well in the end.

Former Employee - Indepenent Operator in Enid, OK (US)
Former Employee - Indepenent Operator in Enid, OK (US)

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are self employed, to a certain extent; You set your own hours, to a point; It can be very good money if one is dedicated, and unafraid of hard work and long hours in the beginning. You can sell the business anytime you want, provided you find a buyer for it, of course. Also, any average sales you add to your route, you add to the equity you hold in it, e.g. if you bought your route for $75,000 and you added $1000 in gross weekly sales over 6-12 months, you can sell your route, depending on your region's averaging system, for $85,000, with the extra ten being pure profit.

Cons

While you are considered self employed, you do have to comply with company, regional, and store standards which, in and of itself isn't a con, but sometimes there are individual "kingdoms" within those that can make life miserable if you aren't careful and diplomatic, but that's the way it goes no matter your occupation. Prissy store managers and angry backroom receivers(a.k.a. "trolls) are another matter, and can be just as troublesome or worse. Being amiable, friendly, and as non-confrontational as possible, attempting to find solutions that are palatable for you and they(whomever "they" may be, i.e. BBU, store managers etc.) are the best tools in getting along, and sometimes avoiding catastrophe, such as losing your route.

Thrift stores are a bad idea for I.O.'s: They encourage the I.O. to let his shelves go empty rather than catch the extra sales and have a little extra product leftover which the company will count and penalize him for.

153 Other Employee Reviews for Bimbo Bakeries (View Most Recent)

Independent Operator

Current Employee - Independent Operator in Mokena, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Operator in Mokena, IL (US)

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Independence from daily management. Potential high income. You are your own boss, somewhat running your own business.

Cons

No days off unless you find and pay someone to work for you. 364 day a year job potentially.

Very fair company to work for.

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA (US)

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great money, if you do your job you never get hassled, I really enjoyed my job. Benefits are awesome, I worked for them for 6 years in California . Free uniforms.

Cons

Starting at 3 am.. No room for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Bimbo Bakeries