Bimbo Bakeries

www.bimbobakeriesusa.com

It takes a lot of work to build a bread route almost from the ground up, but it can pay off very well in the end.

Indepenent Operator (Former Employee) Enid, OK (US)

ProsYou are self employed, to a certain extent; You set your own hours, to a point; It can be very good money if one is dedicated, and unafraid of hard work and long hours in the beginning. You can sell the business anytime you want, provided you find a buyer for it, of course. Also, any average sales you add to your route, you add to the equity you hold in it, e.g. if you bought your route for $75,000 and you added $1000 in gross weekly sales over 6-12 months, you can sell your route, depending on your region's averaging system, for $85,000, with the extra ten being pure profit.

ConsWhile you are considered self employed, you do have to comply with company, regional, and store standards which, in and of itself isn't a con, but sometimes there are individual "kingdoms" within those that can make life miserable if you aren't careful and diplomatic, but that's the way it goes no matter your occupation. Prissy store managers and angry backroom receivers(a.k.a. "trolls) are another matter, and can be just as troublesome or worse. Being amiable, friendly, and as non-confrontational as possible, attempting to find solutions that are palatable for you and they(whomever "they" may be, i.e. BBU, store managers etc.) are the best tools in getting along, and sometimes avoiding catastrophe, such as losing your route.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrift stores are a bad idea for I.O.'s: They encourage the I.O. to let his shelves go empty rather than catch the extra sales and have a little extra product leftover which the company will count and penalize him for.

Independent Operator

Independent Operator (Current Employee) Mokena, IL (US)

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Independence from daily management. Potential high income. You… Cons: No days off unless you find and pay someone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very fair company to work for.

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

I worked at Bimbo Bakeries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great money, if you do your job you never get hassled, I really enjoyed my… Cons: Starting at 3 am.. No room for advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bimbo Bakeries.

Worked for Bimbo Bakeries? Contribute to the Community!