Betfair

www.betfair.com
There are newer employer reviews for Betfair

Betfair's development office in San Francisco is a very friendly environment.

I have been working at Betfair

Pros

The people are friendly and are willing to help others to be successful as well.

Cons

Due to the chaos (like any other start-up environment), getting some answers to issues are a bit delayed at times....but will be received evidently.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Betfair (View Most Recent)

cool company cool people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Betfair

Pros

informal environment. lot of opportunities to explore at technology front. some of the best mind in industry work here.. technology team is amazing.. great blend of technologists spread across UK, romania and USA. few managers are amazing so is core platform team. can match or supercede any company in UK as far as technological advancement is concerned.

Cons

processes are still not very well defined .. still lot of knowledge sits in an individuals head. lot of expereinced people have parted away recently. though with teams building in romania and USA, this issue is less relevant.

nothing in particular..have seen some of the best managers here..

I love my job and the people I work with

I have been working at Betfair

Pros

Betfair is by far the best place I've ever worked for. There's a lot of opportunity to learn new things and the compensation is competitive. The people are very professional and management is on top of things. You should try to work here... if you can get in lol

Cons

Management was trying to hire very rapidly and in the process they hired a few bad apples, but these people didn't last, you have to know your stuff to be last here.

Hire people on a contract-to-hire basis so you can get rid of them quickly if it don't work out. Don't hire FTE off the bat.

There are newer employer reviews for Betfair