Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,794 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Excellent employer, wonderful coworkers

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people: great bosses, great coworkers. Decent retail wages. Discount, part-timer benefits, vendor offers. Very socially active company, hires employees with tattoos and piercings, allows employees to express individual style. Comprehesive training. Internal hiring for higher positions.

ConsPay is not great. Hard to move up in rank without changing positions or stores often. No commission. Dealing with a LOT of dumb and/or frustrating people daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementWonderful place to work! Please encourage more vendor accomodations. There were many more when i started than now.

Great place to work and meet a lot of awesome people

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Schaumburg, IL (US)

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Employee discount, meet many great co workers, good scheduling, "have… Cons: Managers micro manage a bit too much, managers care more about numbers than their… Advice to Senior Management: Do not micro manage the sales floor, at least pretend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros: Co-Workers, pay, flexible scheduling while in school Cons: Inconsistant expectations between managers and supervisors. Slightly childish behavior by… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.