Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,794 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

At least it's a stable job.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat employee accommodations, some very smart coworkers, some leadership cares about you as a person, good pay rates for retail, lots of repeat customers that become friends, good recognition system to line level (FT or PT) employees.

ConsToo many people have different opinions of how to run the place instead of sticking to the structure the company has given to the stores. There's not much of a quality of life once you get to a leadership position (supervisor or above). The company may or may not go private in February, so uncertainty is looming in every store.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your teams carefully and give the people that work hard the credit they deserve. Leadership teams do not get the credit they deserve.

Great culture, challenging industry.

Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee)
Richfield, MN (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work environment Plenty of opportunity to move up and around Great… Cons: Salary leaves a little to be desired Leadership has dropped the… Advice to Senior Management: Move faster and listen to employees below the VP and Director levels. Most companies are started by a young entrepreneur with great ideas, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Back Asswards Company from the top down

Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good people at the store level, mostly overqualified undergrads working part-time. The culture at the beginning seemed very… Cons: I'll give just one example that encompasses the way BBY handles its operations: When the POS terminals needed a RAM upgrade, they hired an outside… Advice to Senior Management: Sell your shares while they're still worth something. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.