Bemis

www.bemis.com

It's a family company, with all that comes with that

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shirley, MA (US)

ProsFirst, the company is very important in the surrounding towns: it's a big employer locally, and the owners (the Howard Family) make a lot of local investments and coordinate a lot of volunteer work. The benefits include access to a small onsite gym, family healthplan with no premium, and a pension plan in addtion to a 401K plan.

ConsIf you've come from a larger corporate environment, you may be disappointed. The management is rather amateurish. My impression is that the current generation of family ownership is very civic minded, but lacks business experience. Middle-management especially is homegrown and very week. This could be an opportunity if you have a background in modern, metrics based management...you would be bringing religion to the wilderness here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough it's worked well for you so far, you may be left behind unless you embrace modern management techniques. Senior-management would especially benefit from some more seasoned hands.

Bemis IT is a great place to work

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

I worked at Bemis

Pros: Global company that has a small company family feel to it. Bemis allows most employees to leave to take care of family or personal… Cons: IT does not have a ton of visibility from the Senior Level Management which allows for a lack in urgency in keeping up with needs… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the great environment and add value by giving IT the tools they need. Do a salary review based on what the employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Average employer

Market Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bemis

Pros: Friendly environment. Possible to work there and have… Cons: Not enough career opportunities for women. Advice to Senior Management: Provide clearer direction on skill sets needed for future advancement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bemis.

Worked for Bemis? Contribute to the Community!