There are newer employer reviews for Bemis

Career Path

I worked at Bemis full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There was no need to worry about advancement. All high level positons were filled by those from the outside.

Cons

Unless you are in the Fox River Valley, you have little chance to advance. At the plant level, outsiders were constantly brought in to take higher level positions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Bemis is truely a professional company with professional people

Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI (US)

I have been working at Bemis

Pros

Bemis treats employees with dignity, respect, and a professionalism unmatched in the country. Bemis finds, trains, and keeps excellent employees.

Cons

If you enjoy the northern states, like Minnesota or Wisconsin, then Bemis headquarters and location of employment may be a perfect fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good work. Your company is truely a wonderful environment to work and grow a career. Best wishes to your fine organization.

2. I loved most aspects of my job even during the stressful economic times that the company experienced in recent years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN (US)

I worked at Bemis

Pros

I felt there was great interaction between departments to maintain a cutting edge within the industry. The manufacturing facility in Indiana managed to recover during economic challenges that required substantial downsizing.

Cons

It was very difficult finding opportunities for advancement. Most exempt employees worked very long hours on a regular basis, particularly during the economic hard times.

There are newer employer reviews for Bemis