There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble

Employees reflect management

Former Employee - Barista in Wichita, KS (US)
Former Employee - Barista in Wichita, KS (US)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I very much enjoyed working at my particular B&N in Wichita. Since I was only seasonal, the management made all the difference. They were encouraging and supportive. We looked out for each other. Out of all the places I've worked, working at Barnes and Noble was by far my favorite place to ever work. The management was what made the difference.

Cons

Since I was seasonal, I really saw the changes happen when management changed. I didn't get any benefits since I worked under 30 hours: This let me get a better picture of management. When management changed, so did my hours. The managers who hired me or crossed trained me would give me hours, but new managers rarely (if ever) gave me hours.

reviews filtered by
  1. I loved it

Former Employee - Cafe Server in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Cafe Server in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people were nice and the company had great benefits. I met a bunch of great people while working here.

Cons

The hours were cut sometimes and customers were rude, but in general, people will always be rude.

2. A Company That Cares

Current Employee - Cafe Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Cafe Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Barnes & Noble part-time

Pros

They care about their employees. There are a lot of different retail stores to work in across the country. Every day you get the chance to talk to new people. It's a good environment and a company that will take care of you as an employee.

Cons

If you are only part time the pay isn't the highest. If you're full time you do get better pay and benefits. If you're part time it's just typical hourly pay. It is a retail job and that does mean plenty of crazy people to deal with at times as well as some different hours to work. It's not a 9-5, but it's a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble