Bank of the West
www.bankofthewest.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Uncertain Vision

Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of the West full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits, especially health coverage

ConsEither management lacks a vision for the bank or they have failed to share it with employees. Because of that, it feels as though management changes courses every few months. There's also a lot of mediocre managers left over from mergers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick you path and communicate long term vision to employees. When you eliminate positions, ask the affected employees that want to stay with the company to deliver updated resumes and try to find them a position within the bank - you loose good, adaptable people because you don't find out what they are capable of doing for you.

Tons of manual work

Analyst (Current Employee)
Monterey Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Extremely relaxed atmosphere, ease of taking time off Cons: lots of manual processing, IT systems are terrible and if sufficient most employees do not take advantage of using them, incompetent employees who have worked… Advice to Senior Management: Shed the people who are not cutting it; who cares… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ups and Downs

Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stable bank. Always work. Upper Management always involved. Cons: Would make 40 hours in six days. (would rather make those 40 hours… Advice to Senior Management: Lower the expectations for sales goals. In this economy customers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bank of the West.

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of the West reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bank of the West CEO J. Michael Shepherd. All reviews posted anonymously by Bank of the West employees.