Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Bank of America is the best place to be in the current marketplace!

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate  in  Marietta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in Marietta, GA (US)

Pros

Bank of America consistently treats their employees with decency, honesty, and fairness. There are a number of training courses (via telephone, personal, and online) that help to enhance my skill set and make me a better loan officer. In the last 5 years of working with the Bank, I have been more than pleased with time off and the major benefits. There is tuition reimbursement, child care assistance, paid time off, fidelity financial advice engines, great health, medical, and dental. I have no complaints!

Cons

Not one thing that I can think of. I love my job!

My Senior Management is the best in their field.

Other reviews for Bank of America

Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Current Employee - VP, Product Management  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - VP, Product Management in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

Good work/life balance; Can stay within the company and move around from organization to organization for virtually years; full of incredibly talented, knowledgeable, impressive associates.

Cons

Extreme political environment; You cannot use plain-speak when assessing a situation/risk/scenario-- anything. You have to use 1000 buzz-word/politically compliant phrases to say something that in a normal environment would take 50 words. People are promoted more on their likeability than there performance, also on how much power their direct manager has within their org - read: if your manager is not well thought of, you're not going anywhere either.

(1) Please learn from past mistakes. Find a better way to set goals. Year after year, ridiculously unattainable goals demoralize most everyone - particularly when the goals require cooperation and buy-in from other teams to actually happen, and they have set diametrically opposed goals. (2) Six Sigma (the BofA version) is broken. Way too much process and paperwork (that is never USED, but created merely to remain compliant to the stated process) resulting in way too little output.

Bank of constant change

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

work life balance and benefits

Cons

constant change, no clear strategy or vision at Sr. Management

Bring in outside talent to shore up Sr. Management bench

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!