Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Bank of America is the best place to be in the current marketplace!

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in Marietta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in Marietta, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Bank of America consistently treats their employees with decency, honesty, and fairness. There are a number of training courses (via telephone, personal, and online) that help to enhance my skill set and make me a better loan officer. In the last 5 years of working with the Bank, I have been more than pleased with time off and the major benefits. There is tuition reimbursement, child care assistance, paid time off, fidelity financial advice engines, great health, medical, and dental. I have no complaints!

Cons

Not one thing that I can think of. I love my job!

My Senior Management is the best in their field.

7797 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bank of America feedback

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing Product Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It offers attractive comepensation and benefiits, work/life it is balanced. The carreer opportunities are ample if you know how to work the system; you have to spend a considerable amount of time networking and promoting yourself. Senior leadership does a good job recognizing a job well done although sometimes it feels plastic. On my experience communication is timely, Sr. management always tries to communicate organizational news and important business news as soon as possible. If you have a good relationship with your manager work/life is well balanced. The bank offers the opportunity to work at some of its satellite offices in order to avoid long commute times.

Cons

Since it is such a large company sometimes you spend a lot of time and energy socializing a project in order to gain approval and concensus from a lot of impacted individuals, which can drag your timelines and make your project more complex than it should be. It is one of the negatives of working for a matrix company. Sometimes presentation on how the information it is delievered it is more important than its substance. It is a very polictical organization, you have to watch what you say and to whom. As any other large company you have to deal with a lot of individuals and dealing with people it is quite difficult sometimes.

Focus on the basics, stop doing fancy investments that carry a lot of risks.

Truth Capsule

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Ability to stem the tides of an unstable economic period in American history.

Cons

Promotion is not based on merit but on ones connections and ability to self-promote.

Go find the person doing the work and talk to them about how things really are. Those who live in glasses are blinded by the sun.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America