Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Bank of America Middle Office Review

Pros

Good work life balance and people

Cons

Not a lot of growth

Other reviews for Bank of America

Great company to work with!

Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID (US)

Pros

I started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

Cons

There were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Look at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

Great opportunities if you know how to find them

Pros

Lots of career opportunities at the company, with endless paths to follow and a lot of variety in job options

Cons

Often positions are filled based on who you know through "talent planning" rather than job postings that everyone can apply for. In other cases a position is posted but the recruiter or hiring manager will flat-out tell you that have a candidate in mind but have to go through the motions to post it.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!