Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Senior Operations Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I cannot speak on behalf of all departments within the organization. However, in my department, my Manager was very supportive of what I wanted to do with my career. My fellow Associates and I were also supportive of one another as well.

Cons

You do work with some fellow Associates who were loyal to the previous bank after a merger. Thus, making it difficult to work in the department. I either avoid them or wait until they eventually change their feelings towards the new bank.

6955 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Consistently challenging workplace.

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II in Hazleton, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II in Hazleton, PA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ongoing training and development. Nationally recognized company with opportunities to re-locate. Technology leaders in all aspects of the business, creating a great customer and associate experience.

Cons

Constantly shifting priorities, mid-level management do not offer much support, and just execute on upper level management direction. Staffing models are not aligned with Business hours and goals. Poor reputation among local clients due to 'large bank mentality'.

Great company with excellent benefits

Former Employee - National Production Support in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - National Production Support in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits. I was in a work from home job the last 2 years employed which really cant be beat.

Cons

401k really din't have much in the way of fund selection. I've read that this is pretty much standard for the banking industry. There is just too much money to be made back by offering mediocre funds and hoping you will buy the banks funds which tend to under perform the market and have high fees to boot. They also rely on out sourced labor so be prepared to be jettisoned if they deem you replaceable.

I still own BAC stock so keep up the out sourcing and continue to drive profits up but be aware that the offshore labor you hire are contractors. The don't work for the bank. They are loyal to the contractor company that prints their paychecks and will immediately jump ship for a higher paying gig at first opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America